At our unit we  offer women whom have had a 3rd and 4th  degree Endo anal
ultrasound scan and anal rectal physiology, we also offer this  to women whom
have a 2nd degree tear whom are symptomatic, we have found women  whom have
been treated as a 3rd and 4th degree tear overdiagnosed and we have  also
found women diagnosed with a 2nd degree who were in fact a third

Yana Richens
Consultant Midwife