As the local collaborator within my own trust for this survey I have
been asked to forward this message to health librarians.

Regional library leads: could you please cascade it to your networks?
Many thanks - Catherine

Invitation to Participate in a National Survey of Health Librarians
Regarding Health Managers' Information Behaviour and Use

How do healthcare managers find the information they need to make
decisions at work? What are the barriers and facilitators to the use of
information? And what role do health librarians and knowledge
intermediaries have in this process? These are some of the questions we
wish to answer in our research into health managers' information
behaviour and use.

The study is funded by the Service Delivery and Organisation Research
and Development Programme of the National Institute for Health Research
and is being conducted by independent researchers from Kingston
University, University of East Anglia and St Georges, University of
London, led by Professor Christine Edwards, Director of the Institute of
Leadership and Management in Health.

As part of the study we are conducting a national survey of health
librarians. If you agree to take part this will involve completing an
online survey regarding health managers' information behaviour and use.
Some of the questions are factual, relating to library facilities and
management resources, and some ask for your opinions on information use.
There are no right or wrong answers. The survey should take
approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

We hope that you will find time to complete the survey, as the success
of the research is dependent on the participation of people like
yourself. In the long term the findings of the study will bring benefits
to both managers and intermediaries through developing guidelines to
improve practice.

By clicking the link below you will be automatically re-directed to the
survey and agree to take part. Participation is voluntary and entirely
confidential and no individuals or Trusts will be identified in the
reports.

National Survey of Health Librarians
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/32QCWJF>

For any technical problems with the survey please contact Professor
Charles Jackson:
Telephone: 01273 550691 email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you very much for your help. If you are have any further questions
regarding the research please contact me at the address below.

Best wishes
Christine

Professor Christine Edwards

Principal Investigator and Director of Institute of Leadership and
Management in Health
Business School,
Kingston University
Kingston, Surrey,
KT2 7LB
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tel: 0208 4175220
PA: Lilith Arevshatian 0208 4175929

Regards

Catherine

Visit our web portal <http://www.netvibes.com/tewv-lis>  - your one-stop
source for journal TOCs, news, links, and podcasts

Access the library catalogue <http://www.library.cdtv.nhs.uk/>

Catherine Ebenezer
Library and Information Services Manager
Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Cleveland Way, Roseberry Park Hospital
Marton Road
Middlesbrough
TS4 3AF

Library codes: TNEY / TNE:MID

Telephone: 01642 838112
Mobile: 07920 545634
Fax: 01642 838113
Email: [log in to unmask]
<outbind://73/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/catherine.ebenezer
@tewv.nhs.uk>  / [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and are
intended for the use of individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this email
(and any attachment), please note that any form of disclosure,
alteration, storage, copying or forwarding of this email and
any attachments without the express permission is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email
in error, please inform the sender immediately by email or
telephone and destroy all copies.

Communication by email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. The Trust cannot guarantee that this message or any
attachment is free from computer viruses or has not been
intercepted and amended and you should perform your own virus
checks. In the unfortunate event of a virus infection the Trust
does not accept liability.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public
disclosure as required by law including disclosure under the
Freedom of Information Act 2000.