Hi all,

Information needed please:

Following a request from our anaesthetists we took out an institutional subscription (online and print) to the Continuing Education in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain. The main requirement of anaesthetists was to access the CME online modules which come as part of the journal subscription. I was assured that these modules would be made available to us as an institutional subscriber and so we took out a subscription.

Quite apart from the months it has taken to get the subscription going (a print issue still hasn't arrived despite them saying it was sent in March and the online access set-up hasn't been satisfactory either), we are now told that access to the CME online modules is not part of this subscription for institutional subscribers! Naturally I have sent copies of previous correspondence to Oxford Journals and am still awaiting a reply. Their customer communication leaves a lot to be desired...

To cut a long story short (sorry, it has been cathartic to moan out loud!) my query to the list is to see if anyone else has an institutional subscription to this journal with Oxford, and if so do your users have access to the CME e-learning modules or not? This info will help me in trying to move forward with this issue.

Thanks everyone,

Scott Rosenberg
Deputy Library Services Manager
Francis Costello Library
Institute of Orthopaedics
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust
Oswestry
Shropshire
SY10 7AG
e: [log in to unmask]
t: (01691) 404287 (direct) 404388 (library desk)
f: (01691) 404071
w: www.rjah.nhs.uk
blog: http://franciscostellolibrary.blogspot.com/

This e-mail communication and any attachments are confidential and privileged and intended only for the use of the individual to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the physician/patient privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office by telephone to arrange for the return of the document. Thank you for your co-operation.