Do you mean things like journals?  I have set up all our online journals
(bar one) to be accessed via a single key click from our Intranet.  This
requires agreement with all the publishers and suppliers, and you give them
the IP address.  In theory it is really simple.  The only reason one journal
is not loaded, is the publisher of that one requires individual passwords
for each user to log on.

The main problem you may encounter is in many Trusts, there is no 'Fixed IP
address' available.  We are lucky enough to have a fixed IP, so it was
possible for us, but you will have to ask IT whether there is such a thing
in your Trust.  I understand that a lot of institutions have IPs that change
on a daily basis, roaming if you like.  This can't therefore be used to
authenticate access to resources.

Best wishes
Diane

Diane Pritchatt

Senior Information Professional

Library

NHS Blood and Transplant

Vincent Drive

Edgbaston

BIRMINGHAM B15 2SG

Tel: 0121 253 4086

Fax: 0121 253 4124

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

NHSBT STAFF CAN NOW BORROW BOOKS FROM OUR NATIONAL COLLECTION!

 <http://nhsbt-live.soutron.com/Library/Catalogues/Search.aspx> Click here
to search the catalogue from an NHSBT computer!

  _____