Hi

Thankyou for your many and beneficial responses to my original message submitted on 25th February.

Just to re-iterate that at Salford University we are in the process of collecting Library useres views on the possibility of introducing a new texting service, possibly using QR codes to encourage students who are having difficulty locating material, books and shelved information, and using printers, copiers and other equipment, to get support from roving staff members.

If list members know of the benefits of this service in their customer and user-needs environment or are considereing this as a services option to enhance the student experience, then let me know.  Any ideas would be grateful received.

For example, a reply has included the possibility of using NFC as a convenient way to exchange digital content.

We will collate and summarise responses in the forthcoming months and share information when the project is finalised