How do i know that how many concurrent DPM threads supported at my site?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Sam Skipsey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 27 April 2011 16:20, Govind Songara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I run the the command and it did thorw errors
> ERROR 1040 (08004): Too many connections
>

> While running yaim  also throw these erros
> ERROR 1040 (08004): Too many connections
> ERROR 1040 (08004): Too many connections
>

> restarting mysql, make the changes
> [root@se2 ~]# mysql --skip-column-names -s -h se2.ppgrid1.rhul.ac.uk -u
> dpmmgr --pass="xxxxxxxxxxxxx" -e "use dpm_db; select * from
> schema_version_dpm;"
> 3       2       0
>
> After this yaim runs fine,  so i think yaim should also restart mysql
> service before running config_DPM_upgrade_mysql or some otherway to drop all
> existing connections.

...you shouldn't have too many connection errors when trying to use
the database! Apart from anything else, this means that your DPM is
probably also having problems keeping enough connections open to the
database to service all its requests, which may be causing failures or
performance issues for you.
(See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html etc)

You need to increase the number of maximum connections in your my.cnf
to some reasonably larger number (at least equal to the number of
concurrent DPM threads you support).

Sam