Do you need help to get your message across?

The web is the first step in effective low cost promotion of your
organisation. The next step is learning how to write powerfully for the web
so that you can grab the attention of your audience. Creating Capacity has
‘Writing with oomph: How to use creative writing to wake up your readers’ on
12th April which will support you to improve your writing skills. In
particular the course will cover writing for website homepages, Twitter, and
for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) so that your audiences really enjoy
what you write. Your learning will be through practical exercises and
examples from the culture and heritage sectors and beyond. There is an
opportunity for you to begin work on your own project (for example
re-writing a website homepage), and to get feedback from our excellent
trainer Frances Booth.

Frances brings her expertise as a writer and editor to the course. She is a
trained journalist and sub-editor.  The organisations and publications she
works for include guardian.co.uk, National Geographic Traveller UK magazine,
and The Ministry of Stories.

This fascinating session, ideal for those juggling limited resources costs
just £155 plus VAT including all course materials and 3 months post-course
support

Don't forget you can book and pay for all your learning on-line.  Or give me
a call if you need more information or advice.  If you are interested but
can't spare the time from your museum, library or archive for training then
consider our tailored in-house package as a low-cost alternative.  Normally
any of our public programmes can be tailored to your own situation - just
let us know.

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Follow us on Twitter:  <http://www.twitter.com/LearningCC> @LearningCC

Web:  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/> www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future

 <http://bit.ly/gQIQqg> Creating Capacity has a new programme! Have a look
at some of the exciting courses we have coming up in April:

12/04  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=47> Writing with
oomph: How to use creative writing to wake up your readers

14/04  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=39> Building your
digital toolkit: Practical low-cost strategies for being effective on-line

15/04  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=55> Environmental
monitoring: Understanding & using the fundamental tools for object survival