From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Eugene Duff [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] tensorial ICA applied on resting-state fMRI

Hi Mona -

 Tensorial ICA looks for components showing a consistent time course across sessions/subjects.  As there is no task in resting state that will drive a temporal sequence of neural activity that is consistent across sessions/subjects, Tensorial ICA is inappropriate.

I hope that helps -

Eugene

--

Eugene Duff, Phd
Analysis Group, Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)

Ph: +44 (0) 1865 222 523