Hi Vasilisa,

Seems like you made a small mistake by creating the first column in the design matrix. The one that has 0 0 0 1 1 1 . . . This makes a total of 5 waves, instead of 4. Remove the first column and it should be fine!

The error shows up because of a mismatch between the design matrix and the contrast matrix. The contrast matrix expects 4 waves (as defined in the design /NumWaves 4).

Regards,
Stijn Michielse
Research Assistant
Dept. Psychiatry and Neuropsychology
Maastricht University
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Dear FSL users,

I try to set up a randomise 2-group design with two covariates (one continuous one categorical) but I'm keeping to receive the same error.
My design matrix :
/NumWaves 4
/NumPoints 33
/PPheights 1 1 1 1
/Matrix
EV1 EV2 EV3 (gender) EV4
0  1 1 demeaned cov4
0  1 -1 demeaned cov4
0  1 1 demeaned cov4
1  0  -1demeaned cov4
1  0  -1 demeaned cov4
1  0  1 demeaned cov4
.
.
.
my design.con are:
/NumWaves 4
/NumContrasts 4
/PPheights 1 1 1 1
/Matrix
1 -1 0 0
-1 1 0 0
0 0 0 1
0 0 0 -1

the randomise command is : randomise options: -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 500 --T2 -V

The error:
Data loaded
ERROR: Program failed

An exception has been thrown
Runtime error:- detected by Newmat: process fails to converge

MatrixType = Rect   # Rows = 33; # Cols = 3
Trace: SVD; pinv.

Exiting

It seems that it does not process all the 4 columns of the design...
Does it look like some text:syntax error or something is conceptually wrong?
I tried to set up the matrix via GLM gui but the error persists.
I also tried to run it with the non-demeaned covariate since Jeannette's recent guideline explains that I probably do not need mean centering as I'm not interested in the individual group means.
I also tried to run it with the demeaned data but it is the same error.
I recently ran a similar design on Mac with the same version of FSL 4.1.7 and it seemed to work. Now I'm working on Linux machine.
would greatly appreciate any comments and prompts.
Vasilisa.