Hi Eva,

If you only want to run post-stats then the input file is only used to supply melodic with the image which is used as the background image. Therefore, just use the background image in the .gica folder and things should be fine (or use the MNI template if that is what you want to use as the bg)

melodic -i ${FSLDIR}/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm --ICs=melodic_IC --mix=melodic_mix [other options]

should do the trick. Just make sure that the input file has the same spatial resolution as the component file (e.g. if you downsampled to 4mm isotropic you need to use a 4mm iso template brain or upsample melodic_IC to 2mm isotropic resolution).
hth
Christian