I've always thought of Funny Face as a prime example of deep fluff, with
its hints of issues of embodiment, which are almost inevitable in any
Astaire movie. I suspect that the "Think Pink" number would make it as
much a fave of an editor Industrial Color as the line "my philosophical
search has left me in the lurch" make it attractive to someone who
teaches philosophy. For years I've been claiming to photographers, who
mainly respond with rolling eyes, that Bill Cunningham's NY Times "In
the Street" spreads bear comparison to the Bechers (with a big
difference in attention, based on the fact that his knowledge of clothes
is a lot deeper than I suspect was their knowledge of grain elevators,
so I think the current documentary is of interest.

Costume is, I think, in general a somewhat topic in film studies. In a
Scorsese course I'm currently teaching am tracing the way he takes a way
of presenting clothing in a ritualistic fashion from Kenneth Anger's
Scorpio Rising and uses that throughout his films. Would like to re-see
the Scorsese Armani documentary in this context.