Dear all

Apologies for any cross posting.

Please do feel free to circulate more widely.

ACF in Public Health

We are currently accepting applications for an Academic Clinical Fellow in Public Health at ST1 or 2.
This post will be within the Northern Deanery & Newcastle University Institute of Health and Society.
Applicants may be medical graduates with full GMC registration and Foundation competencies (or equivalent); or graduates from other disciplines with at least a 2:1 degree (or higher degree) and at least 36 months (w.t.e.) post graduate work experience in an area relevant to public health practice, including academic work.  For more information see: http://www.fph.org.uk/uploads/Person%20Specification%202011.pdf
Academic Clinical Fellowships combine 25% academic training with 75% service training.  The ACF programme is up to 3 years. This includes one year studying for an MSc at Newcastle University (which provides most of the basic training to take the Faculty's Part A MFPH Examination), for candidates entering without a relevant Masters qualification. It is expected that appointees will successfully compete for external funding towards PhD training at the end of 3 years.
To find out more about our academic programmes and what is like to work in the Northern Deanery you can visit our website www.northerndeaneryrecruitment.nhs.uk<http://www.northerndeaneryrecruitment.nhs.uk>

Find out more about the Institute of Health and Society in Newcastle, where the academic training will be based, at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs/
Further details and information about how to apply are available at http://www.northerndeaneryrecruitment.nhs.uk/train-in-the-northern-deanery/academic-training/current-acf-recruitment.aspx
Closing date: Thursday 19th May. Interview date tbc.
To discuss the post further please contact Ruth Bell ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)