Dear All,

The following in the one of coming workshop on “policy and services for Individual with ASD(autism) and their family”, welcome you and your colleague to join us who are in Beijing at that period.

The audience need to communicate in Mandarin, sorry for that. We do have US scholars and we provide alternative interpretation for them.

If you have any question please contact me. If you join us we can send you the detail agenda via email. Good luck!

Jing Li from institute of sociology, CASS

Cell:0086-13718292043

Invitation Letter

Dear          :

The current situation of autistic people and their families has attracted more and more social concern. Therefore, researchers from Department of sociology, Peking University and Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Science have cooperated to finish the project of the study on families with individual with ASD and officially published the book An in depth look at Autism: An Empirical Study on Families with Individual with ASD of mainland China and oversea experiences. By describing and summarizing the situation of autistic people and their families in the mainland, finally presenting policy suggestion, we hope to commemorate the fourth World Autism Awareness Day. (In April 2nd, 2011)

In order to disseminate academic accomplishment, promote the comprehensive interdisciplinary communication, and positively advocate the social awareness, some Sociology Department of Peking University with the sponsor from French Embassy, will hold on the workshop for final report on the project of study on families with individual with ASD, and to discuss the way of social inclusion for individual with ASD and their families.

Name of activity:

Academic workshop on social inclusion: the social policy and service for individual with autism and their families ——the final report of study on families with individual with ASD

Hosts: Sociology Department of Peking University; Guidance Center for Social Mental Health Services of China Association of Social Workers

Co-organizer: Evergreen Recourse Center for Education and Rehabilitation of Children with autism and mental retard(NGO)

Sponsor: French Embassy in China

Schedule: April 10th, 2011 all day long (8:30-12:1513:15-16:10, the conference will provide lunch and tea break twice)

Address: Beijing Commercial Business Hotel (1, Street of Yu Lin Li, You An Men, telephone: 62392244)

We are glad to know that your organization focuses on research, service and policy making of this field. Our workshop sincerely invites you to participate in, share your experience and feeling, and finally we can promote social inclusion and equality for disabled people, including individual with ASD.

Best regards

Asso. Prof. Chen Weimin& Assi. Prof. Li Jing

2011-04-01