From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Simon Bloor
Sent: 14 April 2011 22:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 25% additional time

So...folks...

It would seem that from the responses I have had ...and I was merely curious in the first instance ... the general provision of 25% additional time has no basis other than precedent...no established base line etc...

So...
I'm left wondering...as indeed I think a good number of other colleagues are...on what basis are we supporting this accommodation?

The question I asked was prompted by me finding from US colleagues that their standard additional accommodation is +50%

Do we need to quiz ourselves more about this accommodation?

Best wishes

Simon

Simon Bloor | Centre Manager | Access SUMMIT - Joint Universities Disability Assessment, Training and Personal Support Centre

St Peter's House | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9GH

Tel:- 0161 275 0992 | Email:- [log in to unmask] | Web:- www.access-summit.org.uk | www.supportingstudents.org.uk This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.