Thanks Ibrahim,

But the post did no more than pose the question;
arranging such a scheme, or promoting one in that way is not part of my
intention or future. I do however note the differentiation between
professional accreditation and governance as I was trying to find out
if a professional association similar to some of the medical
professions or the like was yet on the move.

I am aware of many
different sector bodies providing considerable overlap in the privacy
area, my research frequently brings some of them to attention. Perhaps
the changes I was looking for signs of will take longer than the
arrangements for the certificate took.

It has been something of a
surprise to me that nobody directly mentioned the ICO’s
responsibilities in respect of promoting and furthering training in
this area. I had wondered how the impact of their move into a stronger
regulative stance, together with the FOI role, had affected their
abilities to fulfil that part of their function, maybe the responses
are part of an answer to that.

Ian W