From: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list on behalf of Peter Wood
Sent: Wed 13/04/2011 05:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPAM: 3.579] headcams?

Hello,

I know that I asked this last year, but does anyone have any
recommendations for cycling point-of-view headcams? I'm asking again
because technology does tend to develop quite quickly.

In a review of the Actioncam Action Video Camera I ended up buying
last year: It's rubbish. Makes files which somehow come out both huge
file size and low quality. Quite a narrow lens. Only recorded traffic
noise. Batteries run out every 30mins. Having said that, at £21 if you
already own an SD card and rechargeable AAA batteries it's fine for
experimenting with and piloting your prospective use of video. It was
fine for one part of a multi-methods masters dissertation.
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=head+cam&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=825254524436910486&sa=X&ei=p4WkTeK6LpC5hAfU3ZStDw&ved=0CEcQ8gIwAQ#

Best,

Pete

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.