Dear All,

I am writing to say that personal circumstances have more-or-less disabled me for the last month, therefore there has been a bit of a delay in setting up arrangements for the Symposium and final details regarding registration are yet to be confirmed. I am pleased to announce that support for the event is being given by the Glasgow School of Art Research Fund and other applications for support are pending.

Depending on the level of support the Symposium will either be free, or, if circumstances demand, a nominal charge of no more than £20 will be asked from waged delegates not presenting papers. I hope that this will be unnecessary. The Symposium will take place in Glasgow School of Art on Monday 5th September with the 'business meeting', to which all delegates are welcome, on the following day. The meeting will close at lunch time.

Some support might be available to assist student presenters with travel.

The call for papers is still open and I encourage all proposals (deadline Friday 6th May)

Nicholas Oddy.

The Glasgow School of Art is a charity registered in Scotland, charity number SC012490.