I am running coot on 64-bit Fedora 14  installed from binaries compiled for centos 5 with both gtk and python. I made a number of links to so libraries somewhat similar to the ones described on this list last month. However, there is another issue I ran into, which prevented coot from starting. selinux is enabled and it is complaining about executable stack set on the library libgmp.so.3 . This library comes with coot tarbal. There is another copy of the same library on the system which has this flag set properly, but of course, coot uses the one that comes with it.
To fix this issue I had to run 'execstack -c $coot_root_dir/lib/libgmp.so.3.3.0', which solved my problem. Coot is installed on the nfs server, so this command had to be executed on the server as root. Coot  is happy after that and runs without problems.
However, every time I download the new version (I tried 3455 yesterday), I have to fix this stack flag.
Would it be possible to get it done on the server, so that binaries that come with the tarbal have it fixed already?

Thanks,

Leon