Yes, but...  you might not get what you want, because NCS maps are
transformed on the fly, I believe, so if you write out an NCS map, you
will get the map you first started with (IIRC) - maybe that was what to
which Dave was referring.

I think that if you make a map using "transform map via lsq mode fit"
then that map does contain the transformation (within a limited radius).

Paul.