A Practical Epigraphy Workshop is taking place for those who are
interested in developing hands-on skills in working with epigraphic
material. The workshop is aimed at graduate students, but other
interested parties are welcome to apply, whether or not they have
previous experience. With expert tuition, participants will learn the
practical aspects of how to record and study inscriptions. The
programme will include the making of squeezes; photographing and
measuring inscribed stones; and the production of transcriptions,
translations and commentaries. Space on this workshop is limited by
the size of the available study area to eight places, and on this
occasion we shall be offering Roman epigraphy only. Instructors will
include Roger Tomlin and Charlotte Tupman.

Course fees will be in the region of £70 to £90 but, as in previous
years, we hope to be able to offer a number of generous bursaries.
Participants on the course will stay in Bed & Breakfast accommodation
in Corbridge (we will book this for you but regret that the cost is
not included in the course fee).

If you wish to apply for a place on this course, or for further
details, please e-mail  [log in to unmask]  as soon as possible.

*** The closing date for applications is 6th May ***

The Practical Epigraphy Workshop is sponsored by The British Epigraphy
Society, an independent 'chapter' of the Association Internationale
d'Épigraphie Grecque et Latine.

Archive of list messages may be found at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/classicsgrads
Visit the same site to change your subscription settings.
All queries regarding the list should be directed to: