One thing that I have found heartening in the Exec Briefing talks and other
feedback from US Test institutions is that nobody really devised completely
in-house training materials and documentation. Everyone seems to have been
able to adapt and re-purpose the huge amount of material that is freely
available online (especially from LC) or within the Toolkit workflows
(again from LC though hopefully the BL is going to release some of their
workflows too) - admittedly the ones in Toolkit require access to Toolkit
itself which is another issue.

I'm hopeful that at least the bulk of training can be done through
materials already available and that this will reduce the impact somewhat.
There will still be the obvious need to look at all in-house documentation,
instructions, workflows, etc to adapt to the new environment (even if not
dealing with RDA, there will be RDA records arriving from various sources
as we've already seen). Again, I have hope that sharing practice,
especially between similar institutions (academic libraries, public
libraries, etc) will ease the burden here too?

Celine

--
Céline Carty
English Cataloguing