Thanks, Gordon.  Nicely put, and I think you've probably hit the nail on the
head.  It goes way beyond RDA, of course - MARC21 probably needs a good
overhaul as well (?)  Wasn't it Terry who said last week that those who are
working to make our data work with other data sets outside the library
community to enrich it are running a mile when they see MARC.

Sandra