Thanks Wayne (and Tim)!

I had the same thought over the weekend, that the two chains would need to
be part of the same Mol System for everything to work as expected, but
it's nice to have confirmation. I just followed the recipe in the last
paragraph, and it worked like a charm - and probably saved me a couple of
hours of poking around trying to figure out the right way to do it. I've
also deleted the original MS2:B after the copy, and things now show up as
I'd expect in Structure:Make Distance Restraints.

It would be nice for the documentation to be clearer on this (i.e. beat
the user over the head). In my mind, a protein and a ligand, being two
different molecules, make up two separate Mol Systems, contrary to the
data model.

Cheers,
Andrew