One of the figures they cite is 2.5 electrons per um^2, which I think
means once the whole bunch has gone through. That struck me as being
pretty far from where one needs to be to get structures. Do you know
off hand a comparable figure for the FEL experiment? I assume it would
be many orders of magnitude greater. For example, how many total
photons were in each bunch with the FEL?

JPK