Hi Ed,

thanks for nice summary! Just a quick update while on this subject:

(using nightly build dev-724 an up) you will be able to get density value at a given point using just one command:

phenix.map_value_at_point map_coeffs.mtz label="2FOFC" point="1 2 3" point="4 5 6"

where you can specify as many points as you wish. You can request to use either sigma or volume scaled map, as well as you can specify the grid_step for map finess. You can use a parameter file if the number of points is too large to be specified in the command line.

Pavel.