12 April 6 - 7 pm

Creative Art, Creative Science: Their connections and what they tell
us about the mind

date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011

time: 6 -7 pm

location: South Wing Garwood Lecture Theatre
University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT

Abstract:

Artists and scientists alike seek out visual images of worlds both visible
and invisible. They attempt to ‘read’ nature in very similar ways:
artists make drawings as they work towards the finished canvas while
scientists use mathematics as a tool to work towards a scientific theory.
I will explore this fascinating realm of highly speculative thought and
look into some fundamental questions: Are there similarities in the
creative processes of artists and scientists? If so, what are they? And
how can cognitive science help us understand the nature of creativity? For
more on my work, please see my website – www.arthurimiller.com.

how to find Garwood LT:

Once you enter the main UCL gate at Gower Street, you will face the
Portico in the UCL quadrangle courtyard. Please take the right hand
side diagonal and walk to the right corner of the building. You will
see the brass table indicating South Wing. Enter the second entrance
door at the South Wing, and you will find the Garwood Lecture Theatre
on the first floor. There will be signs from the entrance that will
help you to find the exact location easily.

You may also consult the UCL map at:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/about-ucl/location/maps

Tesla website: http://tesla.byethost10.com

Best wishes,