*please forward to anyone who may be interested*

Dear All,

This is a reminder that registration for EMASS 2011 is now open! Everyone including students, academics and field staff are welcome to attend. Fieldtrip places are limited and are already filling up, so book early to avoid disappointment!

The fifth Early Medieval Archaeology Student Symposium will take place at the University of Glasgow from Wednesday 25th - Friday 27th May, 2011. The conference will consist of two days of papers (25th and 26th), with a Wine and Whisky reception to be held at Govan Old Parish Church, which is home to an impressive collection of early medieval sculpture. An optional fieldtrip to the Perthshire region is scheduled for the third day (27th); the itinerary will include Dunning high-cross, Meigle Pictish Stone museum, Dunkeld Cathedral, and Muthill 11th century church tower.

Registration:

Details on how to register are already available on our Facebook page, and will be available on our website from TOMORROW (Wednesday 16th March). In the meantime, please find attached a poster, provisional programme, and a document with information on how to register and pay.

EMASS Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Early-Medieval-Archaeology-Student-Symposium-2011/118443064882953

EMASS Website: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/archaeology/newslinks/emass/

Contact Us: [log in to unmask]

We hope to see you in Glasgow in May!

Alison Kyle, Adrian Maldonado, Tom Horne, Elizabeth Pierce and Courtney Buchanan

BA (Hons) MA FSA Scot
PhD Student
Archaeology
Sgoil nan Daonnachdan
University of Glasgow

Room 322, Gregory Building, Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow, G12 8QQ
Telephone: +44 (0) 141 330 3925
Email:

Web: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/archaeology/research/students/akyle/