Jane

Many thanks for that and appears more adaptable than an evac-chair.

To all, this is a useful discussion..

My question , and concern, around all non-fixed evacuation equipment that problems arise when the person(s) requiring their use have to work on different floors and they may be close to different stairways – you either need more than 1 “stair-lift” or you restrict the movement of the staff themselves.  Again, what happens if you have more than 1 person needing  assistance.

I hope people can appreciate my trail of thought and where it maybe going……………. It’s a pity those responsible for Building regulations cannot put themselves in the shoes of Building Managers.

What do people think of these - http://www.hospitalaids.co.uk/evacuation_equipment/ski_pad - I am told by some in the Fire service that they are preferable to evac-chairs, one advantage is that they are easier for untrained staff to use and are actually already installed in some hospitals.

What does the network think are the pros and cons of them and what are peoples experiences.

Have any MP’s been approached to take this forward as one strand of response indicates that Building regulations need amending

Best regards and thanks

David