Dear all

I've been contacted by someone making a programme for the BBC who is looking for photos of bones with signs of defleshing - I don't have any, but perhaps someone else does? I've copied the email below; if you are interested please contact Simon directly

Dear Julie,

Following our conversation earlier today here is what I was hoping to find:

I work on a series called History Cold Case which is a BBC forensic anthropology series alongside the University of Dundee.  One of the cases that we are looking at in this series is Windypits in the North York Moors where one of the bones appears to show signs of defleshing.  We are going to meet Rick Schulting to discuss comparative cases and theories that surround such finds.

What I am looking for is something to use in filming this week when we are filming an evidence board with lots of pictures of the things that we will look at in the programme so I am trying to find photos of other examples of defleshing.  If anyone in your department had this I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

All the best and thanks for your assistance so far.

Simon

Simon Arnold | History Cold Case - Series 2

S H I N E : Primrose Studios |109 Regent's Park Road |Primrose Hill | London NW1 8UR

( 020 7985 7599 / 07816381055

( SWITCHBOARD: 020 7985 7000

www.shine.tv

Julie Hamilton
Research Laboratory for Archaeology and the History of Art
Dyson Perrins Building
South Parks Rd
OXFORD OX1 3QY

email: [log in to unmask]