I should note that my call does not say that there isn't a critical theory of the internet, or that there is a lack. it says something entirely different.
On Mar 23, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Simon Biggs wrote:

> The lack of critical theory about the internet was noted recently. I copy in
> below an announcement of a new book that helps plug that gap.
>
> I guess we can point to a number of other books in the field, such as those
> coming out of the Institute for Network Culture (Lovink, Campanelli, etc -
> Amsterdam) and recent publications from Siegen University (Schafer and
> Gendolla, Simanowski, etc). Sherry Turkle's new book is getting a lot of
> attention and then there are all well known authors like Hayles, Bolter,
> Zylinska, Stallabrass, Landow, Poster and Fuchs, who has wriiten other books
> on the topic than the one below.
>
> I am sure somebody has a bibliographic reference list somewhere. The more
> the merrier.
>
> Best
>
> Simon
>

> Simon Biggs
> http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

> http://www.elmcip.net/
> http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/

Jeremy Hunsinger
Political Science
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.tmttlt.com

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain