Hi SPM-ers,

I am seeing odd activation patterns in my data, specifically "dalmation-like" activation, where one or two voxel "clusters" are activated throughout the brain, with very few clusters larger than that. Does anyone know what might account for this? I haven't smoothed the data as I am interested in very small regions (hippocampal subregions)- could the lack of smoothing be a reason for these strange patterns?

Thanks!
Meera

Meera Paleja, B.Sc. (Hons.), M.A.
PhD. Student, Psychological Science
Brain Imaging and Memory Lab
Department of Psychology
Ryerson University
Phone: (416) 979-5000 ex. 2192

email: [log in to unmask]

“Perhaps the most fascinating and mysterious universe of all is the one within us.” -- Carl Sagan