Dear SPMers,

I have a strange dicom to nifti conversion issue. When I load our epi and t1 images (converted from dicom to nifti) and the spm epi-template and the single_subject T1 our images are shifted forward. That means if I use the reorient function I have to shift our images 55mm backwards (forward = -55mm) to match the templates.

I already tried two different dicom2nifti conversion applications (mriconvert & mricron) – images remained shifted.

My questions:

1.	For the present study
If I reorient the raw-nifti-images using the reorient function (like described above) & write out the re-oriented images: would it be reasonable to use the reoriented images for the further analyses?

2.	For future studies
What might have caused the forward shift in our images?

Thanks & kind regards,

Ben