Christophe and others,

I would like to get further clarification on #2 below- is it ok to have disconnected regions and to compare the models.

So if I understand what you are saying it is OK to disconnect regions and then test that model vs. ones with that region connected? I guess these models would be considered to have the "same data" even though the region was disconnected?

I understand the disconnected region wouldn't have any activity since it isn't being driven by anything, but I presume this would be reflected in a reduced free energy term?

Would it be possible to use the change in the free energy term to decide if a region truly belonged in the model?

Darren