Christophe and others,

I would like to get further clarification on #2 below- is it ok to have
disconnected regions and to compare the models.

So if I understand what you are saying it is OK to disconnect regions and
then test that model vs. ones with that region connected? I guess these
models would be considered to have the "same data" even though the region
was disconnected?

I understand the disconnected region wouldn't have any activity since it
isn't being driven by anything, but I presume this would be reflected in a
reduced free energy term?

Would it be possible to use the change in the free energy term to decide if
a region truly belonged in the model?

Darren

--
Darren Gitelman, MD