Hi,

I don't know DCM terribly well, so let me jump on the occasion ask a
minor question to see if I understand things right.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 03:11:33PM +0100, Christophe Phillips wrote:
>      1. Does it make sense to have a model with 4 regions, in which 2 regions
>      within each of 2 pairs are interconnected, but there are no connections
>      across pairs (ie, two “isolated” subnetworks; eg, with regions E1<->E2
>      F1<->F2, DCM.a = [1 1 0 0; 1 1 0 0; 0 0 1 1; 0 0 1 1])?

>    Yes it does.
>    You're "simply" modelling 2 parrallel and independent processes a single
>    model.

In which case, doesn't the likelihood factor in separate independent
terms? I have the impression that it amounts to solving the DCM twice on
two separate systems. I don't see this as posing a problem at all though
for analysis and interpretation.

Cheers,

Gael