Office: (773) 406-2464
=====================
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION which may contain PROTECTED HEALTHCARE INFORMATION and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of the e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at (773) 406-2464 or email.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Mazly Mohamad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear SPMers

Need helps regarding flexible factorial. One groups of subjects, two sessions S1,S2, in each session two conditions C1 C2.

So..
for subject  variance - equal    independent- yes
factor A (S1,S2) - varience - equal     independent- yes
factor B (C1,C2)  - varience -equal      independent -no

is this correct?
Thanks in advance

From: Haris Styliadis <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, March 8, 2011 7:54:16 AM
Subject: [SPM] Beamformers / 2nd level analysis SPM / SnPM

Dear SPMers,

I have performed a beamformer analysis (SAM) for an MEG study. Our experimental design  has two independent variables that have 2 levels(high-low). So I want to do a factorial 2x2 design. Originally, I aimed to use SnPM but I found the plugins offered not enough for a 2x2 factorial design. Maybe it is due to lack of understanding SnPM's potential in such a design. So I used the 2nd level statistics in SPM and created a factorial design with two variables as factors. There it was possible to set the levels of these factors. Finally, I got the main effects for the two variables.

I have the following questions

1.  I did not find studies on MEG using 2nd level analysis. Instead I found MEG studies using SnPM. Does anyone know whether it is methodologically correct to perform 2nd level analysis in in SPM for SAM images. Any papers?
2. SnPM is offered as an alternative to SPM. How do they correlate? Although I could not perform a factorial design, should I expect same results for a one sample test, or a paired t test implemented in both SnPM and SPM?

Any answer is kindly appreciated

Haris