Dear SPM's users,
  When we construct a specific DCM model, we should specify different kinds of connections to those sources, but:
  1. I wonder that whether the lateral connections only exist between the sources which are in the same level ? And, what does ' the same level ' mean ? Does it mean the two regions own the same function, such as the left visual region and the right visual region ?
  2. Does forward connections only exist between the sources which are in the different level ? Such as low-level and the high-level ?
  3. Do backward connections are always generate from high-level regions and terminate in those low-level regions ?
  All in a word, how could we specify the different connections among those sources ? Any help will be appreciated.

--

Haoran LI (MS)
Brain Imaging Lab,