With posthumous apologies to Marshall, that should have been "Arminianism," not "Arianism."

HH

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Hannibal Hamlin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Very sad news. I'd only just heard of his illness and sent and email that he will never read. Conversations with Marshall at the Folger were always informative, stimulating, and fun. He had a wonderfully mischievous wit, a Juvenalian perspective on the world that was balanced with, perhaps also the result of, a genuine zeal for reform. I remember being surprised, and also not, to learn of his writing for the Huffington Post. Marshall had a cynical veneer but a real passion underneath. I remember bumping into him outside the Folger one day, and he held me on the sidewalk for almost an hour, telling me with excitement about his latest thoughts on Milton and Arianism. He'll be missed by many.

Hannibal