Dear all

With the usual apologies for cross-posting, I am writing with a draft programme (see attached) for the forthcoming ALDinHE conference, to be held at Queen's University, Belfast from 18th -20th April 2011.

The conference organisers are increasingly excited  – not least because of the excellent keynote speakers - Sally Brown (on “Strategies for enhancing the student experience and improving engagement”) and Becka Colley ("Divination and forecasting: What will happen in the future of Higher Education?") – and a range of preconference events including Phil Race’s workshop “Making Learning Happen!"

As you’ll see from the attached, our conference theme - "Engaging Students - Engaging Learning" – will be interpreted in a multitude of innovative and critically engaging ways by the speakers and workshop leaders; with a choice of over 50 different sessions. Places are still available and details of how to register are on our conference website at http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/qub11.htm. The finalised conference programme will be posted over the next few days and, if you are interested in the association, information about our AGM and Steering Group can also be found on the main ALDinHE website.

We look forward to seeing you in Belfast!

With best wishes

John

John Hilsdon

Chair of the Association for Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE)

University of Plymouth

Drake Circus

Plymouth

PL4 8AA