Thanks both for your replies.  I agree all those are interesting services - I had not thought to check if they do describe the use of their tools in the style of scenarios that I am after - I also wondered if perhaps such documents might have been used internally for development, but could be made available on request? For example one of the ORCID presentations that I link to in the blog post provides a pictorial representation of how ORCID http://www.orcid.org/ could be used for data citation - we hope to work in collaboration with some of those involved in ORCID (based in the UK) to develop these into scenarios.

The DataCite representatives in the UK are partners in our project and we do have contacts with DataONE (we have shared resources with them for their information page too) - thanks for the offer though, and I will check their resource page again.

I guess the interesting question would be (generally) to what extent have any scenarios been developed in consultation with researchers and would researchers recognise these as fitting into their real work processes? Rather than perhaps how we (as tool and infrastructure builders) might imagine they would fit in?

Joan touches on another important aspect of citation - what makes a good citation?  That is a perspective that I have missed out in my scenarios in the blog post - "A researcher finds a citation to data and [what does she do next]" - that perspective would be useful in suggesting what information the researcher requires in order to use that data, and hence what information needs to be captured at the point that the data is shared.

Monica