I wondered whether anybody was aware of any requirement to keep these type of reports for a defined (legislative) period.

As I understand these type of audits are not mandatory but recommended as good practice and can be undertaken by local safeguarding boards, (made up of number of agencies, health, schools, police, LA's) and usually result in pseudonymised review of certain cases to establish if processes are effective etc.

As I can't seem to find any legislative base; I'm presuming that because these are optional - any retention period will instead be at the discretion of the board - e.g. determined by their business needs - such as audit cycles?

Otherwise, I'd be grateful to hear if anybody knows of any statutory requirement that govern these.

Many thanks

Caroline