Dear all

There are some important debates going on as regards managing records created in SharePoint.  In particular there is the question of whether organisations are better off using:
I think it is important that records managers discuss and critique different case studies as they become available.

I recently heard Mark Field from the Department of Education speak about their implementation of SharePoint for collaboration and their use of the SharePoint records centre for records management.
Here is a link to a blogpost I've written with some thoughts on their approach http://thinkingrecords.co.uk/2011/03/10/thoughts-on-the-department-for-educations-sharepoint-implementation/

with best wishes
James
07595 998457
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]