Anyone help with this (which came up on another list)?

Robin

<<
I am haunted - well, fairly spooked - by a sentence from some old essay(?)
by William Butler Yeats.  It is  something like:

"The doctors have told us that our dreams are but phantoms of the night
caused by sexual desire; but of what is sexual intercourse the phantom?"

If any Irish poets  -or anyone - on the list can give me  the correct
attribution for this, which may be garbled, of course,  by the imperfections
of my ailing brain, I would be most grateful.  The quote might be an
epigraph for current work-in-progress/regress.