Hi

I have organised a JISC Conference session next week, chaired by Jackie Carter (Mimas, Manchester), on "Making the most of open content: stories from the frontier" http://www.jisc.ac.uk/events/2011/03/jisc11/programme/3opencontent.aspx . It will be live streamed, Tuesday 15th, 3-4pm.

In the session we're not just thinking about open educational resources, but also about open data, open access research papers and data, and digital content more broadly. I've been thinking about why it matters that we understand how this open content will really be used.
Blog post: Making the most of open content: why we need to understand use http://infteam.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2011/03/07/opencontentstories/
Thoughts very welcome

Amber

Amber Thomas
Programme Manager, Information Environment Team, JISC Innovation Group
JISC Executive, University of Bristol 2nd Floor, Beacon House, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU
Website: www.jisc.ac.uk<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/>
Skype: amber_thomas
Mobile: +44(0)7920 534933