Thanks for this Owen. For some reason your response got delivered to my
"junk mail" folder but have now found it. Several people made the same
recommendation. The area we are going to is very remote so no theatre group
but we have used glove puppets in the past - we can try that again.

One of the activities we have devised is that the delegates will make their
own hand puppet from a sock and bits of felt. Bought the socks from a
99pence shop - three pairs for 99 pence. The socks will initially be used
rolled up as balls for another icebreaker activity.

Thanks for your thoughts

Best
Anne

On 27/03/2011 11:51, "owen donnelly" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Ann,
>
> We have successfully used local theatre groups and song to get the messages
> across in Soyo, Angola.
> We explained to the theatre group what the message we wanted to convey was and
> they put it into terms the local people could understand.
> Even though everything was in Portuguese and Kissilongo the acting made it
> very
> easy to understand.
>
> Not sure whether you'd have access to a theatre group, but you could get some
> of
> your 'learners' to get involved in making the learning a visual event.
>  Owen Donnelly.

> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH