From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Traceyrawlins
Sent: 28 February 2011 15:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Minor Illness Clinic in OH department

                    *** WARNING ***

  This message has originated outside your organisation,
I have been watching this for the last few days and it has really got me thinking. So I have decided to stick my head above the parapet-not done easily or lightly!
Whilst I totally agree that 'treatment clinics', such as the one first mentioned that started this thread, are not the remit of OH, I can see that there may be some benefit of them being in the workplace in certain settings. My thinking is- if the employee is seen within the workplace for what would of been the morning/afternoon/day off for a GP visit then that is saving time and money for the workplace (there needs to be stringent procedures in place for communicating with the GP).  The flip side of it is how often have we seen people for one thing, and found that there are other issues going on which with OH input can be lessened? It also incorporates partnership working maybe? Just my thoughts. Hard hat on-you can be a scary lot!!!
Tracey