Hi CRUMB list,

just before we kick off with our new theme for March/April, a quick note of thanks for all who contributed to the discussion about the Nam June Paik exhibition at FACT and Tate Liverpool through the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I will be writing up some of it for publication in ETC. magazine (published in Montreal), and if list-readers would like it we can do an edit of the discussion list and make it available as a PDF on the site. I thought it was a really useful discussion about restaging and the aesthetics of performance, and conservation...

As a nice tie in to the next theme, one of the questions asked of John Hanhardt at the Paik conference was whether Paik's work was in fact more analogue than digital and questioning the emphasis on his legacy as a father or current media art which exists in a mostly entirely digital paradigm...

Cheers
Sarah