++++++++++++++++++++

Post-doctoral Positions

One or two post-doctoral positions are presently available in the
laboratory of Dr. Terry A. Miller at The Ohio State University. The
research involves the spectroscopic detection and characterization of
reactive chemical intermediates. On-going research focuses on
intermediates involved in the oxidation of organic molecules with an
emphasis on radicals relevant to combustion and atmospheric chemistry.

Our laboratory has 3 cavity ring-down (CRDS) and 2 laser induced
fluorescence (LIF) apparatuses investigating various aspects of the
spectroscopy of oxygen containing intermediates such as alkoxy, peroxy,
and nitrate radicals, etc. These apparatuses include the capability to
investigate both room temperature and free jet-cooled samples. The
experimental work is supplemented by extensive computations, both to
directly analyze spectra and to provide supporting information from
electronic structure programs. Further details of the work, as well as a
complete list of publications can be found at:

https://web.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/~tamiller/

http://molspect.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/goes/index.htm

Well qualified candidates with experience in laser spectroscopy and
related areas of chemical physics are invited to apply directly to me at
the contact information listed below. Please include a CV and potential