Hi

I wondered if you’d be kind enough to help recruit people in England from
South Asian or White Irish backgrounds who have a significant family history
of; breast/ovarian, bowel, or prostate cancer for the above study, by
passing on this information to your colleagues and contacts?  We’d like to
invite people to take part in a discussion with a Researcher and offer a £20
Gift Voucher to thank participants for their time.

The purpose of the study is to firstly identify why people from minority
ethnic groups with a significant family history of cancer are less likely to
access clinical genetics services than the mainstream UK population.
Secondly it will inform the development of interventions in order to improve
access to genetics services for people from minority ethnic groups.

The study, funded by the Big Lottery Fund, is being carried out by Genetic
Alliance UK formerly Genetic Interest Group (GIG), a national charity, in
partnership with the Division of Primary Care at the University of
Nottingham.

I have attached the leaflets and these can also be downloaded from our
website at:
http://www.geneticalliance.org.uk/projects/ethnicityandaccess.htm

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can give
or suggestions of organisations that I could get in touch with.

Best Wishes

Anna

*Anna Allford*

*Research Assistant/Project Officer *