-----Original Message-----
From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious
culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Terrence
Lockyer
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] The Medieval University on In Our Time

medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
culture

Margaret Jean Cormack asks:

: Can it truly be downloaded or only by those in the UK
: or commonwealth?

Generally, BBC radio programmes are available to stream outside the UK,
and
in some cases to download as podcasts (on which there are no
region-restrictions, that I've ever encountered or heard of from
others):
the blocks on some BBC content are UK-only (whether due to licensing, or
due
to the fact that UK domestic services are licence-fee-funded), not
UK-and-Commonwealth;  but In Our Time at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/iot

is one of those cases where the podcast is available everywhere (and for

some time:  some programmes keep only the last five available):  I'm in
ZA,
and have been downloading BBC podcasts for ages using my local IP
address;
and I have just checked the page above using a US proxy too.

Terrence Lockyer
Johannesburg, South Africa

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]